Welcome! This website provides general information about REDCap @Yale
If you are looking for the REDCap@Yale Login page, please click here:
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, HIPAA-compliant web-based application designed for data collection for research studies.
REDCap provides researchers with tools to:
- Build data collection systems suitable for a wide range of study designs including clinical trials and cross-sectional or longitudinal observational studies
- Build and manage online surveys
- Create electronic forms that include branching logic, calculations, and piping
- Import data collection forms from a large library of validated instruments
including PROMIS© and Neuro-QoT Computerized Adaptive Tests (CAT)
- Schedule and track interviews
- Export de-identified data to SPSS, SAS, R, and Stata
- Import datasets into REDCap from external sources (e.g. excel or csv files)
- Generate simple reports, data visualizations and queries
- Upload files, images, and documents for secure storage
- Lock records
- Perform double-data entry
- Control user-specific access rights
- Integrate REDCap studies with external systems using
Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Access logs and audit trails for tracking data changes, form design changes, exports and other activities
REDCap is also supported by the REDCap Consortium.
More information about the REDCap Consortium can be found here.
We are continually maintaining and upgrading REDCap to improve the user experience.
REDCap@Yale will be unavailable between 6:00 - 9:00 am EST on the last Friday of every month for maintenance and upgrades.